black gunk

Farrell mfarrel2 at tampabay.rr.com
Thu Feb 1 11:52:44 MST 2007

Sorry Rick, but if it looks like this, it is not gunk - it is black goop! I took a bunch of pins like this out of a Korean piano a while ago - whole back action froze up. Don't know what it is, but I figure it either leached out of the bushings or was a product of some sort of reaction between the wood/bushing/pin. Are your bushings black also? If I remember correctly, we put a lot of new action parts into this piano.

Terry Farrell