Did you ever hear this one?

Robin Blankenship tunerdude at comcast.net
Thu Feb 1 07:45:45 MST 2007

I've heard that, too, and usually from the same customers, time after time. My hunch is that they are trying to obtain the same sound as before and make some unconscious adjustment in their technique which makes the action feel different to them. The effect can be very real indeed to them.

Robin Blankenship