Korean and Chinese pianos

Gregor _ karlkaputt at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 1 09:11:12 MST 2007

A few years ago I noticed that too on the Frankfurt Music Fair. But in the
meantime, there are some Chinese made pianos which are prepped and voiced
for the European market by a European tech. These are not genuine Chinese
products but pianos constructed by European techs and produced in a Chinese
factory under the regular control by European techs. To mention here: May,
Berlin (selected by Schimmel) and Wendl & Lung, Vienna. Very nice low price
instruments and very good voiced. The Wendl & Lung Chinese techs got a
voicing training in China by an old expert from Vienna. For the German
market, a German collegue makes the end control and some additional voicing.
He says, that this additional voicing is done very quickly because the
training in China was obviously very succesful.
http://www.wendl-lung.com/

Gregor