Illegal?

Porritt, David dporritt at mail.smu.edu
Fri Feb 2 06:59:10 MST 2007

I ran into a case where a local company bought a piano from a bandit and
they called me to tune it.  It had a small metal plate screwed to the
plate that said "Baldwin".  When I removed it to see what it really was
it said "Grand Piano Co."  I told the lady who represented the buyer to
call this bandit and say "I have a deal for you!  Come get this piano
and bring me back the money we paid and I won't call the police and file
charges of counterfeiting."  She called me back about a month later to
let me know that they got their money back!

dp

David M. Porritt

dporritt at smu.edu