Illegal?

Stephen Grattan lostchordclinic at ameritech.net
Fri Feb 2 07:03:04 MST 2007

Hi Jesse,

  If the seller represented the piano as a Steinway - it certainly is fraud, unethical and disgusting.   I have a customer in my area that has a Yamaha grand and they had the fallboard refinished with a S&S decal because the wife didn't like the Yamaha name - but the plate still says Yamaha!  I have had people wanting a S&S decal on pianos were rebuilding for them but I refused.  Your customer would almost certainly have a valid claim agains the seller.

  Steve Grattan
  Lost Chord Clinic

PIANOTECHNICIAN at aol.com wrote:
      A while ago I was called to tune an old upright piano that had been beautifully refinished. The fallboard
  had a Steinway decal, but the piano was not a Steinway! In fact, no name could be found on the plate. Now, the character that sold this lady the piano not only did something that was disgusting an unethical, I believe it was illegal. Am I correct?

  Jesse Gitnik
  NYC
  Tech. since 1980

Steve Grattan