Stick to piano TEACHING

PIANOTECHNICIAN at aol.com PIANOTECHNICIAN at aol.com
Fri Feb 2 07:26:25 MST 2007

I was in a music room in the basement of a church, working on the  director's
piano, and I'm listening to a piano lesson being given in an adjacent  room.
The piano was badly out of tune, and I felt sorry for little Johnny who  was
trying to get some decent sounding music out of the damn thing. After the
lesson the teacher, a young European lady, came into my room and asked for  my
business card. When I asked her when that piano was last tuned, she said a
couple of months ago. When I asked who the tuner was, she said, "I did it  myself.
I thought to myself, "STICK TO PIANO TEACHING!!!!!"

Jesse Gitnik
NYC
Since 1980