Holey-Moley !!! ( More Steinert stuff. )

gordon stelter lclgcnp at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 2 22:10:38 MST 2007

     Boy do I feel dumb! Just ran a  search on
Steinert, and found out more than I dreamt of ( isn't
the Internet wunnerful ??? ) even that it has an
Athens, Ga., connection ! ( Where I am standing. )
Maybe it really IS a Steinway, and the buyer saw a
"Steinert and Co." dealers' label on it somewhere, and
assumed the worst ??? ( I'd better go have another
look! That plate emblem looked awfully authentic. )
     Question: Do all "D" Steinways have all the
typical patent gobbledegook cast into the plates, or
do some of them have simpler plate castings, with just
the raised "half-moon" Steinway logo in the teeble
section, and maybe a  few more lettered areas. Has
anyone ekse seen a  9' Steinert?
     Peace,