Sales pitch

Matthew Todd toddpianoworks at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 3 18:11:13 MST 2007

If that's all the customer can afford, then that's the way it goes.  I just bought a Yamaha for $3,000, but would of much rather purchased a Steinway for $30,000.

  Matthew

PIANOTECHNICIAN at aol.com wrote:
      When a customer wants to buy a $!,000 piano and not a $2,500 much better piano, I tell the customer as follows: A piano is not like a car, which you buy, use for a few years, and then get rid of.
  A piano is a lifetime investment. Now, if you spend $1,500 more for the better piano and have it for the next
  50 years, which is very likely, it means that you'll be spending only $30 per year to have a fine instrument for the rest of your life instead of having to settle for a piece of junk. Isn't it worth it? Also, when a customer wants to settle for a piano that's falling apart because, "Johnny is just a beginner, he doesn't need a really good piano," I ask the mother how she would feel when Johnny grows up and is ready for his first driving lesson, and the instructor pulls up in an old, beat up car. Wouldn't she want to see, instead,  a nice, modern vehicle that looks and drives like a real car, instead of an old piece of garbage?

  Jesse Gitnik   NYC
  Since 1980