buzzing on piano

Dean May deanmay at pianorebuilders.com
Sun Feb 4 01:49:12 MST 2007

I'd bet the rim.

Turn the piano on the side.
Fill a hypo oiler with thin CA.
Mist accelerator all around the rim and down each rib. Wait for one minute.
Starting at top, squirt glue all around rim (the capillary action of the
glue will actually pull it vertically into the joint). Then run it down each
rib for good measure.

I don't know how you checked the rim joint, but the CA glue will find voids
that aren't there with a feeler gauge.

Dean

Dean May             cell 812.239.3359

PianoRebuilders.com   812.235.5272