buzzing on piano

Diane Hofstetter dianepianotuner at msn.com
Sun Feb 4 01:53:56 MST 2007

Two thoughts about your buzz.  One is that sometimes glue joints look good,
but if you put watery CA glue along them, it soaks in where you never
dreamed it would go and the buzz goes away.

Another is a buzz I chased for 6 months on a Baldwin SD-10.  I still carry
the culprit as a trophy.  It is a small black microphone knob--about the
size of a marble.  Fell off the mic and got wedged in the treble corner
between the plate and the soundboard, black, round side out, so that it was
impossible to see and a wide variety of probe tools simply slipped off it.
I thought of it because whenever the conditions were damp there was no buzz.
  When the surroundings got drier, the knob wasn't so tightly wedged between
the board and the plate and the buzz came back.

Buzzes are such fun!  Good luck.

Diane

Diane Hofstetter