buzzing on piano

David Chadwick chadwick61 at cox.net
Sun Feb 4 08:31:51 MST 2007

Thomas,
Check for any glue squeeze around the soundboard edge especially along the
belly rail. I have solved many buzzing problems by reaching in and breaking
out the dried glue that dried on the varnished edge on the soundboard where
the glue oozed from. Where I cant reach with my fingers I will run a
soundboard tool or screwdriver tip along the joint to loosen any dried glue
that is not adhered to the panel. The plate bolts should be firmly snug and
not over. I wonder if anyone has a torque setting for these bolts?

David C