driving tuning pins on a samick grand

John Ross jrpiano at win.eastlink.ca
Sun Feb 4 08:44:23 MST 2007

Speaking of jacks.
I went to a car wrecker, and got two scissor jacks.
I used them when working on grands, removing legs etc.
I use one of them and a piece of pinblock material, to support the bottom of
the pinblock. I use that instead of the machinists jack that was sold by the
supply houses to do this job.
It has a larger footprint, so doesn't need the pinblock material, below to
distribute the force.
John M. Ross
Windsor, Nova Scotia, Canada
jrpiano at win.eastlink.ca