A Lucky Exception

Alan R. Barnard tune4u at earthlink.net
Mon Feb 5 21:02:53 MST 2007

As we've been discussing, buying pianos on eBay, or the like, can be risky (read that 'dumb').

Well, I saw a new piano and customer today on a referral. The customer, while living in Utah about a year ago, bid on this piano and drove to Washington, D.C. to pick it up. He won the bid at the sellers reserve, i.e., minimum.

For $12K, he got a 3-year-old, very little played, beautiful, near mint-condition Yamaha C5 (polished ebony).

It is a fabulous piano. And, no, it is NOT grey market.

With my luck, I'd bid on a Steinway and find out it was a Yugo with strings.

Alan Barnard
Salem, MO
Joshua 24:15