Action modification results.

Jon Page jonpage at comcast.net
Mon Feb 5 21:06:33 MST 2007

>Do you mean change the knuckles and rekerf to 18.5 mm or new
>shanks/flanges with
>18.5 knuckles?   I take it the capstans were in the optimum spot?

The old knuckles came out easily and I cut the slot further out and used a shim
alongside the core on reinstalling.

The KR is .51, moving the capstans forwards was considered (since they were
on the rear portion of the cushion) but I opted for stack relocation
which corrected
the strike line.   The stack was not placed properly at the factory, go figure.

I'm finding quite a few mis-located stacks even on famous makers.
--

Regards,

Jon Page