making an upright pinblock

Bob Hull hullfam5 at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 6 08:33:09 MST 2007

Terry, Ron and other readers,

I am going to try the delignit capping soon, but maybe
not on this upright.

Another idea came me about making up the thickness for
the back of the block:  What about using part of the
old block back? I am going to remove it by drilling
out just in front of the glue joint and then
chiseling, planing, steaming out the remainder.  I
could plane down the old one and band saw it to an
approx. thickness then run it through the thickness
planer.  I wonder if it would be too hard for my
bandsaw (Delta 14") or if the aged wood would be too
different from the newer block material that I would
add to it?  Would you use epoxy or titebond?

Bob Hull