questions, etc.

Pianoman pianoman at accessus.net
Tue Feb 6 12:40:47 MST 2007

Hi Annie,
My own theory on pitch raising and lowering has to do with the soundboard
catching up with the pitch change in the wire.  I believe the soundboard
takes at least hours to conform to the new tension (whether higher or lower)
and regardless of how much in one sitting you change the pitch to stabilize
it will still change more because of the inability of the soundboard to
adopt to the new tension level that quickly.  That is why on pitch raises
(over 25c) I come back in 2 weeks after to retune..
James
James Grebe   Piano Tuning & Repair   Member of Master Piano Technicians.
Registered Piano Technician of the Piano Technicians Guild for over 30
years.   "Member of the Year" in 1989
Creator of Handsome Hardwood Caster Cups, Piano Benches, Writing
Instruments,Table Timepieces
 (314) 608-4137   1526 Raspberry Lane   Arnold, MO 63010
Researcher of St. Louis Theatre History
BECOME WHAT YOU BELIEVE!
pianoman at accessus.net
Jimpianowood at yahoo.com