Cuttin' Sitka for Soundboards

Conrad Hoffsommer hoffsoco at luther.edu
Wed Feb 7 10:20:58 MST 2007

At 11:19 AM 2/7/2007 -0500, you wrote:
>Waddaya mean -27°? In your freezer?

No, a freezer is only about 0° to -10°F. I _did_
defrost that on Sunday. Put the contents in the
driveway, defrosted freezer and the food was
colder when I returned it than when I had removed it.

>Nobody in their right mind would live anywhere
>that gets down to -27°. Sheesh, you expect me to believe that!  ;-)

See the above... I hadn't defrosted the freezer in a couple years.

>Hope you take the plastic off and lead out of the old keys first.

Also any decent ivory and capstans. (I don't want
to dig out hardware from my fireplace insert.)

>Ribs and panels do indeed burn well, but be
>careful of creosote buildup in the chimney from
>burning softwoods - you don't want to have a
>chimney fire when it is -27° outside. OUCH!

Well aware, but I only use the stuff for kindling
- right now my normal fires are red oak or elm.
(ran out of the apple) Incidentally, (piano
content to follow), 1/4 of a Hamilton
pinblock/back will last about 3 hours.  I'll
still play chimney sweep in the spring.

Conrad