1859 Erard

Anne Acker a.acker at comcast.net
Thu Feb 8 17:44:31 MST 2007

This one snuck by me.  I've been trying to spend an order of magnitude more time in the shop than on the computer lately....

The answer is:   Yes,   they could have been brass or black.   Black is just fine for such an early one.  You'll have a hard time getting a brass paint that doesn't look modern fakey.

Is this a London or Paris Erard?  You need to know, as the pitch levels were significantly different.

Anne Acker