Pianotech Digest, Vol 1284, Issue 49

Andy Rudoff andy at rudoff.com
Thu Feb 8 20:32:17 MST 2007

Marshall,

People are not complaining about a long "thread" in your email, they are
complaining because your posts contain all the individual posts from the
digest message you replied to.  The post you just sent contained sixteen
attachments, which were the 16 messages that were in the digest message
you replied to.  So this isn't about selecting text and removing it, it is
about the *attachments* in your reply.

I know nothing about your mail reader, and cannot imagine why it is attaching
all those mail messages to your post, but please figure that out before
replying to the digest messages again.  It is really loading the rest of us
down with something much worse than just a long thread in a message -- you are
sending us a pile of messages (which we've all seen) attached to each of your
posts.

And please don't figure this out by trying different things on the pianotech
list.  Feel free to send to me personally at andy at rudoff.com and I will tell
you if you are getting the attachments removed correctly.  Let's give the
other 700 people on pianotech a break.  In the mean time, until you figure this
out, you should post to pianotech by starting a new message instead of replying
to the digest messages.

Mail me privately at andy at rudoff.com if I can be of some assistance on this.

Thanks for your understanding.

-andy