questions, etc.

Annie Grieshop annie at allthingspiano.com
Fri Feb 9 15:18:24 MST 2007

You're quite right, Ric, and I'm getting a little fed up with my initial
flowerpot, as it's obviously just showing me that the box is much more
airtight than I thought.  Five days now, and the RH in the box is still in
the 90s.  Yep, I'm going to try another approach, as I still think it's an
interesting idea.  But I'll probably just open the box for ___ minutes every
___ hours and see how many times it can recover.

I'd follow your plan, but I'm afraid it would drag on into the night (and
I'm just not that dedicated).  Besides which, I only have one of these cool
boxes.  But I do love the idea of a no-fill/no-drip, small, portable,
non-powered humidifying unit (that's really cheap and nontoxic, to boot).

A "sticker", to me, is the piece in a BOU (big ol' upright) that sit on top
of the capstan and is connected to the wippen with a bushed pin.  What do
you call that part?  It makes sense that there should/could be two different
terms for the different functions in verticals and drop actions since one
pushes and one pulls.  I should've thought of that when you first brought it
up.

In re the Starck, another tech has been called in.  I'm disappointed,
because I reallllly wanted to solve the problem myself.  But a) it's 200
miles each way and b) I obviously wasn't making sufficient headway in the
figuring-it-out department -- so now the only thing I'm disappointed about
is that I won't be there to learn from the tech who is actually going to
solve the problem.  Sure did learn a lot in the meantime!  From what the
owner told me on the phone when he called to say that I didn't need to plan
another trip over, the new tech is convinced the problem is in the center
rail key bushings.  Dunno.  At this point, nothing would suprise me... and
anything would enlighten me.

Annie