questions, etc.

RicB ricb at pianostemmer.no
Fri Feb 9 07:38:54 MST 2007

Hi again Annie

Maybe you should repeat your experiment with a control flowerpot this
time.  One in the box, and another pot that you put in another box for
15 minutes every 2 hours or so to measure its effect on RH in the box.
That way you could find out just how long the flower pot will hold its
moisture when it is placed in the room.

As far as the Starck action with Billings flanges is concerned.  You
used the term <<stickers>>  This is a term I only associate with drop
actions.  Could you please let me know exactly what you are referring too ?

Neat report so far.

Cheers
RicB

    Annie writes:

    Flowerpot humidifer update:  RH dropped into the 80s last night but
    is back
    in the mid-90s this morning, 2-1/2+ days since the 5-minute
    immersion.  The
    house is dry enough that the cats won't let me pet 'em, but I'm
    expecting
    rain inside that box!

    As for the Starck action:  it's a big ol' upright, so no drop
    action.  The
    owner has suggested I ask for assistance, so if anybody wants the job
    (western IA), just let me know -- I'd be happy to pass it along to
    someone
    else.  (Actually, I wouldn't, as I really want to be able to say I
    fixed it
    right -- but I'd be overjoyed to get some recommendations on how to
    proceed,
    as I really am stumped.)

    Ooooh, Conrad, I'm glad I'm not up in Decorah.  We haven't gotten much
    below -11 yet, as far as I know.

    Annie Grieshop