Didj'ever?

William R. Monroe pianotech at a440piano.net
Fri Feb 9 22:30:31 MST 2007

Alan writes:

>> Didj'ever ... have two people to call (in this case two new or potential
>>  >> customers) and you dial one number while having, in your head, all >>
>> the information about the other, then having a bizarre conversation that
>>  >> confuses the heck out of them and you?

> Yup, and I have three customers, each of whom have names similar enough to
> three other customers to put me into yet another level of alternate
> universe when they call. Let's see, are you the Fong Lee with the
> otherwise decent Kawai needing regulation, or the Lei Dung with the
> Wretched Wurlitzer? Or maybe the Dan Long with the Baldwin with concrete
> hammers, the Lanny DeLong with the harpsichord, or...  ? Maybe if you
> could hum it.......
Ron N.

How about showing up for a tuning where the slightly bemused wife says, "I
guess my husband forgot to tell me he was having the piano tuned."  Tune
piano, continue on the day.

Return home to find a message from the client you (thought) you tuned for
that morning wondering where you were?  And, oh, by the way, did we give you
our new address?  Kept both clients, BTW.

Interesting job,
William R. Monroe