Didj'ever?

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Fri Feb 9 22:18:33 MST 2007

> Didj'ever ... have two people to call (in this case two new or potential customers) and you dial one number while having, in your head, all the information about the other, then having a bizarre conversation that confuses the heck out of them and you?

Yup, and I have three customers, each of whom have names
similar enough to three other customers to put me into yet
another level of alternate universe when they call. Let's see,
are you the Fong Lee with the otherwise decent Kawai needing
regulation, or the Lei Dung with the Wretched Wurlitzer? Or
maybe the Dan Long with the Baldwin with concrete hammers, the
Lanny DeLong with the harpsichord, or...  ? Maybe if you could
hum it.

Names anonymized to protect - everyone.

> Lost one of them because they were calling around...looking for the cheapest price .... to tune an old upright someone gave them that hasn't been tuned since who-knows. So it turned out okay. I actually DO have a competitor in the area. He's part time, non-Guild and I've never met him so I forget he's out there. Oh, well. Go for it, Danny!

Good job. There is often value in sickness.

> Alan Barnard
> Having A Near-Life Experience in Salem, MO

Don't get your hopes up. It'll pass.

Nominally Live from Do-Dah,
Ron N