First Scale Attempt

RicB ricb at pianostemmer.no
Sat Feb 10 16:27:44 MST 2007

Hi Joe

Havent directly checked the do-ablility of the bass strings no...
but both core and wraps in all combinations are well within usual
norms so I hadnt really imagined a problem there. Remember... this isnt
one of those higher tension bits with gargantuan low bass single wraps
on core wire they dont make tuning pins with big enough holes for... :)

If you get a chance to run the numbers I supplied through whatever
scaleing program you have,.... keeping in mind its a low tension
scale... ie  very low... ie  around 12500 kg.....  I'd love to
hear your
thoughts.

Cheers
RicB

    Ric,
    Have you checked the "Manufacturability" of the Bass Strings? If
    not, you'll need to do that, before setting that Bass Bridge in
    "stone".<G> This is a feature of ScaleMaster Program. You
enter the
    available copper of a specific Manufacturer and the program will
    "maximize" the wraps to fit those size criteria. Definately
makes a
    big difference, IMO.
    Best Regards,