Didj'ever?

Paul McCloud pmc033 at earthlink.net
Sun Feb 11 10:06:14 MST 2007

A few weeks ago, I had an appointment with the name Bailey.  I do evening
appointments after my day of salaried work at a store, so it was dark, and
my old Palm Pilot is a little hard to see.  Sometimes, while entering
information using the "Graffiti" method (handwritiing recognition) there
are mistakes. Since I already know which part of town I'm going to (this is
entered in the Calendar screen, along with the name, phone and service
description), when I searched the name Bailey, I was sure I had the right
place, even though the name Bailes appeared.  I had already been to that
house, some years earlier, so when I arrived I recognized the place.  I
rang the bell, and when the lady came to the door, I could see the piano in
the same place I had remembered.  I said, "Am I in the right place to tune
a piano?"  I always say this, and fully expected to be greeted with, "Oh,
yes!  Come on in."  The surprised look on her face made me a little uneasy,
and as she told me we didn't have an appointment, I stammered that "Oh, I
must have made the mistake!"  I apologized as I looked at my Palm and
realized that I'd gotten the name mixed up.  Anyway, her husband appeared
and they admitted that they indeed needed to have the piano tuned, so I
made an appointment on the spot.  As I was leaving, I again looked up the
name Bailey in Contacts.  It seems that they both lived in Scripps Ranch
area, so I retraced my steps back to the main road.  Before I could get 2
blocks, I recognized the street I was looking for.  The Baileys lived only
2 blocks away!
Kinda weird.

Paul McCloud
InSane Diego