Paid for Pitch Raises?

Jon Page jonpage at comcast.net
Mon Feb 12 15:14:40 MST 2007

>By that, do you mean that in non-concert or recording situations
>you normally would not do more than one pass if the piano is
>within 16 cents of the target pitch?

Of course it would be a non-pitch required situation. Get the piano up to pitch
with an appreciable tuning. Advise on how another tuning will make it better.
If there is an immediate need, now; if not, later.  Their call, not mine.

One pass for two reasons.

1. Chances are they will not get it tuned again for another ten years. So I've
     not wasted my time.
2. Pitch raising is extra, stingy piano owners think of dollars not tone/tune.
     "Tuning costs so much, it sounds fine..."

I charge $125 / 1.5 hr for tuning/servicing.
If I can get an appreciable tuning in 45 minutes to an hour, I'll charge $75
and tell them it needs more work.  I'm not out to squeeze as many nickles
out of them as I can. You have to realize, for most people piano tuning is
a luxury; try to work within their budget.
--

Regards,

Jon Page