Paid for Pitch Raises?

pianolover 88 pianolover88 at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 12 19:07:37 MST 2007

A piano is not "tuned" if you leave it flat/sharp. And trying to "tune it
where it is" is bull. I *always* explain-before I arrive-that a pitch
adjustment may be necessary and what it will cost. Nobody has ever declined
a PR if it is determined necessary. My clients (mostly first-time) are also
informed that their piano(s) may also require repairs and/or other services,
and what those approximate costs would be.

Bottom line, if someone contacts me and is intent to have me just "tune it
where it is", I respectfully decline the job. Period. Had that request only
once, about 6 years ago. I was more than pleased to turn it down flat...no
pun intended!

Terry Peterson