Paid for Pitch Raises?

Avery avery1 at houston.rr.com
Mon Feb 12 21:22:04 MST 2007

Hi Norma,

I don't have a problem with that at all. I worked
at a dealership for free for over a year, gaining
experience. The dealer was a tuner and he also
had one working for him. One day, he decided I was worth paying! :-)

But I was responding to the "dealers" who try to
take advantage of you just because you're new. I
do some work now for a dealer who's not like
that! He wants his instruments (especially the
grands) to be in good shape! I don't charge him a
WHOLE lot, but I do charge him! Besides, he
usually takes me to lunch, pays the motel bill
and gives be money over what my bill is. I
consider myself lucky to do work for a dealer like that!

Avery Todd
University of Houston