Acrosonic

carlteplitski koko99 at shaw.ca
Mon Feb 12 22:59:26 MST 2007

This week had the pleasure of tuning and doing some action work to, a Yamaha spinet.
Can't remember what the mod. was.  Had never seen one before.  The complete action
came out in one piece.  Took it back to my shop and did much aligning of hammers and
tightening hammer flange screws. Quite a number of hammer flange pins had migrated
out from the metal strip holding them in place, and made the hammers wobble .
Took the action back and lubed the key pins and adjusted the felt key bushings quite a bit.
Pianist was very pleased by the action and tuning , compared to previous week. I was
very impressed with the quality of this spinet,       .  .  .    pullup action.
The only thing I found that smacked of poor quality , was that the key retainer board was warped
in at least two directions. It warped down , slowing the sharp keys, and also outward, allowing
the black keys to hit on the way up. It tuned quite nicely, but am sure another tuning will be
necessary in the near future. The church it's in was closed for about 2 years and the piano sat
in the cold of winter and heat of summer with little interchange of air in the building. The church
has reopened , and I expect things to get back to normal soon. Don't know what to expect from
the piano as it takes on the furnace heat and normal play.  There will be choir practise, and the
regular sunday service .   Would like to hear opinions from people who are familiar with these
really nice little pianos.  ( this isn't a concert grand, but  .  . )  ? ? ?

Carl / Winnipeg