YC Brackets Debacle

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Tue Feb 13 09:35:20 MST 2007

> Les said: "So, what if technicians had YC address,and name of someone
> "who can make
> decisions" and a few hundred techs wrote individual letters saying YC is
> being quite out of order? I'd bite........ I'd write......"
>
> les,
> Include me in that "petition". I've been reading about this "mess" for
> way too long. Something needs to be done. Perhaps a "rant" in the
> Journal?<G> It's been done, by me, a few years ago, regarding the
> cavalier attitude and poor quality of Bass String Makers. Since that
> time, I have the honor to do business with many BS makers that are very
> good at what they do. And, they care about their product & customers.
> Just a thought.<G>
> Best Regards,
>

> Joe Garrett, R.P.T.

Who owns Young Chang this month? If Gibson can disavow any
responsibility for Baldwin warranty issues in pianos sold
prior to their purchasing the company, can't Younger Chang do
the same with the infamous action bracket curse?

Someone with an overarm router, a set of new brackets for
patterns (however many sizes there are), and a nearby aluminum
foundry could be in production of less pretty but adequately
functional replacements by Thursday afternoon. Of course, the
piano owner would have to BUY them, but they might actually
prefer paying for brackets they can actually get, rather than
never quite getting free ones.

People are funny that way.
Ron N