Grammy award

Erwinspiano at aol.com Erwinspiano at aol.com
Tue Feb 13 19:33:02 MST 2007

Hi Larry
  I like the way you think. Give credit where it is  due.  Think of the after
game interviews with a young cocky basketball  star...talkin abou hisef & how
he do it bettah dan da nex guy.  No one  seems to mind this or least we
tolerate this but in our case we humbly  appreciate when someone recognizes our
licks. I  agree with  you......... give credit where it is due.  It's also the
righteous &  appropriate thing to do considering our degree of creative &
sacrificial  artisans commitment.
  Am I right?
  Dale

Steve... What good is a horn if it's not blown! Congratulations.  Piano techs
never get the recognition we deserve. A great jazz artist,  Eric Doney, has
his own record label and he ALWAYS credits the piano  tech. I've been doing the
concert and show tunings for our local PBS  station, WVIA, and I'm friends
with the producer and I remind him all  the time to credit the piano tech, no
matter who it is. He forgets  sometimes because it's not the usual credit and is
often overlooked,  even though he genuinely ants to credit the piano tech. I
think we  should all push for the the credit that is well deserved. One of my
jazz  clients always gives me at least 1 or 2 very nice plugs at his gigs.
Think of it, if the piano tuner tunes the bass and tenor unisons with  99%
accuracy, the performance ill suffer dramatically.    Ooooooo... Out of tune piano
during the intro to Desperato or The Rose  would raise many eyebrows! And the
piano tuner would surely get  recognition then! Anyway, our role is very
necessary for all good music  to be heard and we deserve the credit. Why not a
Grammy for best piano  tuning for a classical album... Or live performance,
etcetera!

Congratulations on your Grammy!

Larry Trischetta, Pocono NE Chapter