Velum Source - Old European Square Piano

Jurgen Goering pianoforte at pianofortesupply.com
Wed Feb 14 11:06:07 MST 2007

n the past I haveI stocked velum for vintage pianos.  One common use is
in the back action of Blüthner grands, built later than one might
expect.  I don't know how late this technique was used, but certainly
to 1910, and perhaps later.

I am out of the extra thin velum needed for this purpose and I am
looking for a new source.  Thicker velum  of 0.4 or 0.7 mm (.010 -
.030") is fairly common for harpsichord soundboard rosettes, but it is
too stiff for use in action parts.

I hope to have the proper velum for action parts available later in the
spring.

Jurgen Goering
Piano Forte Supply
(250) 754-2440