The Gimlet-revisited

Marshall Connolly falcone1132 at tmlp.com
Wed Feb 14 11:22:02 MST 2007

Ah, yes, the glorious gimlet... y'awl!  They're both really handy to have when installing the Damp chaser systems.  Nothing starts a screw hole for those pesky water tubes (or other wiring configurations!) better than a gimlet or an awl- of course, you need a hammer to make the awl effective with some grand "rims".  I think that this is the first time that I've ever heard someone mention a gimlet on the list.  I have been a technician for 25 years, and acquired mine when a university tech passed away and I bought the entirety of his tools from his widow.  God, I was still apprenticing in those days and my mentor (who is now 83) explained what it was.  I held on to it and have found SO many uses for the little tool.  Actually, it was hand made!  Hold the vodka, enjoy finding new uses for the tool Paul! :)
-Falcone1132