threads that will never die

RicB ricb at pianostemmer.no
Wed Feb 14 13:32:52 MST 2007

Oh good lawrd... there are plenty to add to this list... and
poisenarlly.... I'm kinda glad they dont ever die. It kind of reflects
the dynamics of our trade. New folks comming up forming opinions, more
experienced folks showing how they develope, change.. refine over the
years.  Old timers looking on (and back) rehashing it all.

Besides.... no matter what you think about any particular subject.....
you never know when someone will put something just in the right words
that will turn your head and make you think again what you thought you'd
long ago finished thinking about.

Heres to Threads that not only never die... but dont even fade away !

Cheers
RicB

    EIGHT THREADS THAT WILL NEVER DIE!!!

        -ETDs [are / or are not] a good thing for tuning
        -All piano dealers [are / or are not] dirty rotten crooks
        -Steinway [is / or is not] in decline
        -Acrosonics [are / or are not] wonderful pianos
        -Pitch raises [should / or should not] cost the customer
        -Pianos [can / or should never] be tuned to anything but 440
        -All pianos [should / or should never] be tuned in other than equal
        temperament
        -Computer operating systems [should / or should never] be
        discussed on
        piano list!

    dp