Spurlock Soundboard Repair Bit

Farrell mfarrel2 at tampabay.rr.com
Wed Feb 14 14:58:47 MST 2007

I'm looking for a reality check regarding the Spurlock Soundboard Repair bit (the 20-degree angle bit for cutting into the soundboard panel for a repair shim).

My bit (which I haven't used for a couple years) has a flat tip that is exactly two millimeters wide. I thought it came something closer to a point rather than such a wide flat tip. Does anyone else out there have one of these bits who would be willing to measure the tip width.

Basically, I want a bit that has more of a point - I don't know if I've broken the tip off mine, or that was how it was new.

Thanks.

Terry Farrell
Farrell Piano

www.farrellpiano.com