Steinway abuse, was Re: Who Builds After Market Keys?

Erwinspiano at aol.com Erwinspiano at aol.com
Thu Feb 15 13:52:29 MST 2007

Dave....IS it for sale?  $5.99...a  fair price.

  Dale

Yes, some pretty amazing things can happen to pianos at schools.  I  wonder
where the keys ended up...

The worst case of school piano abuse was actually a Steinway in a frat  house
at Stanford University.  I wish I'd had a camera.  The  soundboard was
basically gooey with beer swill, the tuning pins were coated in  black muck, many
strings were broken.  I was just there to move it at the  time, so pulling the
action wasn't in my agenda.  But the thing that made  moving a bit difficult
was that the rear leg was missing, having long since  replaced by a beer keg.
Pretty good height match, though it wasn't  attached so well.

Dave Stahl

Dale Erwin--Piano Restorations
4721 Parker  rd
Modesto, Ca. 95357