Paid for Pitch Raises?

Fenton Murray fmurray at cruzio.com
Thu Feb 15 14:45:37 MST 2007

It doesn't matter if I'm sitting across a table from you or reading your email, I like hanging out with you, David A. Don't give your time away, charge for it. I charge by the hour, not the job. If your at $80. per. It's .5 to show plus the time. So, 1 hour is $120. 1.5 is $160, etc. I might not do any tuning at all, or maybe just a half hour of tuning and the rest repair or regulating. Or, maybe nothing but tuning. I tell clients my fee and that most service calls are an hour to 1.5. After that they may want me back again after we gain an understanding of their piano's needs. If you want to give a discount, simply discount your hourly. Your fee should be representative of the value you can provide the client. Or should we just divide the number of hours we would like to work in a week by the amount of money we need? Maybe.
Respectfully submitted ( I hope it's taken that way)
Fenton