muting etc.

pianotune05 at comcast.net pianotune05 at comcast.net
Thu Feb 15 19:47:54 MST 2007

Hi Everyone,
I tuned a piano today that I found difficult to keep the felt from coming out when I strip muted it.  The space between the outside of the strings and the plate was too shallow.  What do you guys do in that situation?

As for ETDs.  I recall someone designing one for the vision impaired.  Is this ready to check out?  Will it be on display at the convention?

Does anyone here go from left string to middle to right when tuning rather than strip muting?  I do this in the area close to the trebble where the dampers are too close so as not to mangle them.

I also had a strange occurance todaya while tuning.  When I made the  d#3 d# octave pure the d#g was beating too slow.  When I corrected this, the octave was way off.  Any ideas?
Thanks.
Marshall