Grand hammers breaking off when keyframe is pulled

Joseph Alkana josephspiano at comcast.net
Fri Feb 16 13:43:05 MST 2007

 I remember prepping a rebuilt D for a dealer, shoving the action back in and breaking a hammer on that strut. Yep. Had twenty minutes to track down a correct flange and fix it before a scheduled customer was to come in. Yep. Not a pretty time. That crunch sound certainly stays with you!
Joseph Alkana RPT