Vellum - off list

Jurgen Goering pianoforte at pianofortesupply.com
Fri Feb 16 17:00:08 MST 2007

Great investigative stuff.

I suppose thickness is not an absolute gauge of stiffness.  Being a
natural material which undergoes a certain amount of processing, there
is bound to be a lot of fluctuation in physical properties.  There is
no question that in the end, having a material that behaves the same as
the original is more important than having a material which exactly
copies the original in dimension.
Thanks for your input, John.
regards,
Jurgen Goering