M&A A

PAULREVENKOJONES paulrevenkojones at aol.com
Sat Feb 17 16:44:52 MST 2007

Ric:

What has always struck me about that particular mythology is the variability of beat speeds in real (false) beating. Attributing it to loose bridge pins would lead us, no?, to believing that the loose bridge pin is moving in some way in the bridge pin hole, wandering in some oscillating manner that would create a "countable" beat, sometimes as slow as one beat per second, and certainly much faster in most instances, but still regular and countable. I share your skepticism, and return again to some length differential being created in the speaking length by way of termination deterioration, particularly the notch part of the termination creeping forward in the curve of the notch and creating a separation from the ideal simultaneous contact of the string at pin and bridge top. This is an old can of worms, I know, but maybe worth revisiting.

Paul

IF YOU WANT TO KNOW THE TRUTH, STOP HAVING OPINIONS!