etd's and ears (just trying to lighten up the conversation)

David B. Stang stangdave at columbus.rr.com
Sun Feb 18 12:36:57 MST 2007

An Imagined Conversation.

- Hello?
- Hello, I am looking for someone to tune my piano.
- Yes, I would be happy to make an appointment.
- First, I would like to ask a few questions about your work.
- Certainly.
- Do you use an automobile or do you walk to your customers' home ?
- Well, both, I do use an automobile, and park it in the driveway, then
walk from there to your door and into your living room.
- Well, I am very skeptical of service people who use mechanical devices.
- I suppose I could walk the entire distance from my home to yours, but
it would take me longer and I would end up at the same place.
- The last tuner drove his automobile into my flower garden, so that is
why I am skeptical.
- Possibly he did not know how to operate it properly. Again, I can
assure you that I operate my automobile competently.
- Well, thanks anyway, but I would be more comfortable with someone who
doesn't depend on devices.