etd's and ears

Paul Chick (Earthlink) tune4 at earthlink.net
Sun Feb 18 19:15:15 MST 2007

8!

Paul C

-----Original Message-----
From: pianotech-bounces at ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces at ptg.org] On Behalf
Of Conrad Hoffsommer
Sent: Friday, February 16, 2007 6:54 AM
To: Pianotech List
Subject: Re: etd's and ears

DA,

At 11:20 PM 2/15/2007 -0800, you wrote:
>Perfect.  Thank you, Conrad. You, sir, are the
>archetypal craftsmen/artisan user of the ETD.
>Congrats. You make my point.  Everybody is
>living a CUSTOM life, with a CUSTOM set of
>skills and gifts, and makes choices in how to
>CUSTOMIZE their practice of piano technology
>accordingly. Let creativity, wisdom, and practical intelligence reign.
>DA

Wow! Can I use that on my resumé? Err... ah... retirement speech?

>On Feb 15, 2007, at 4:21 AM, Conrad Hoffsommer wrote:
>>I just now got back from tuning up a D. It only
>>needed a few unisons touched up, but I went
>>through my entire tuning sequence. The ETD never got out of its case.

Update: My second pianoo yesterday was a J&C
Fischer 37" PSO @ 435Hz. Care to guess which method I used on that puppy???

Today, I just finished our Hamburg D, and next is
the NYC D with which it shares the stage. Another guess, anyone???

TGIF, tomorrow's chapter technical is a piano
bonfire. (How many this year, Paul C?)

Let the catharsis begin!!!!!

Conrad Hoffsommer - Keyboard Technician
1-(563)-387-1204 // Fax 1-(563)-387-1076

- Right now, I'm hoping to live until my age matches my golf score,
- Until then, I'll have to be content to have my IQ match my handicap.