disagreeing with the SAT III

paul bruesch tunergeek at gmail.com
Sun Feb 18 20:41:25 MST 2007

Ed,

The manual that came with my new SAT III about 2-1/2 years ago is quite
well-written, IMO. As a BRAND-new tuner at the time, an awful lot of it was
way over my head.  As a tuner now with 2-1/2 years experience, some of it is
still over my head, but I do comprehend at least all the concepts he
presents. The DO stretch is probably what your ear will tell you to vary.
You can also change the "F", the "A", or the "C" setting on the fly to
stretch just the part of the piano determined by that reading (the manual
tells you which parts of the tuning are determined by which reading).

I also own an RCT. The manual for that, well, there's NO comparison to the
SAT III's manual.

Paul