Very interesting question!

PIANOTECHNICIAN at aol.com PIANOTECHNICIAN at aol.com
Mon Feb 19 19:42:40 MST 2007

If you get a call from a new customer who says the piano needs "tuning,"
what percentage of the time does it turn out to be just a straight tuning and
nothing else, with no pitch adjustment, sticking keys, sluggish hammers, loose
flange screws, lost motion, pedal squeaks, etc. For me, it's been probably
somewhere between one per cent and five per cent of the time. In fact, one time
I remember someone calling me for "tuning.", and half the keys were "down"
due  to "peanut brittle" elbows.

Jesse Gitnik
NYC
Since 1980