Wild Things (was M&A A)

alan forsyth alan at forsythalan.wanadoo.co.uk
Mon Feb 19 22:51:05 MST 2007

I don't care much for the term false beats or false strings either. For want of a better word I just refer to them as rotten or wild when explaining to an owner that their untamed savage beast is afflicted with this condition. Perhaps we should ask our European counterparts what terminology they use to describe the phenomenon. (hi Andre, Stephane, Karl etc.). Sometimes other languages have words for concepts that don't exist in English. To me the concept of a string as being wild or untamed is more appropriate in describing the condition. False refers to something that is artificial which it is not and real refers to something that is genuine, but that is not the case either; it shouldn't be there in the first place, so it is an imposter.

AF
 IF YOU WANT TO KNOW MY OPINION, DON'T BELIEVE THE TRUTH!!!!!!