etds and ears

A440A at aol.com A440A at aol.com
Tue Feb 20 04:09:48 MST 2007

Dave writes:
<< and I like to challenge myself to leave the piano ready for fine tuning at
.5-1.5 cents low: my favorite tuning platform.  >>

      Gee, this just goes to show how different we all are.  I have always
hoped to leave a piano about 1 cent high after a pitch raise.  This is usually
within the range that pin flex will leave a solidly anchored top-string, and
the fine tuning can be had with the least amount of hammer work, for me.
     I imagine that we all have different strokes on the hammer technique
while we are raising the pitch, too.

Ed Foote RPT