etds and ears

Fenton Murray fmurray at cruzio.com
Thu Feb 22 08:28:03 MST 2007

Dave,
I tried one today a beat low, I can see how one could get used to the rhythm
of bringing every thing up a bit, way better for me than bringing everything
back down, but, I gotta go with Ed here. I want as close to my final pitch
as possible through the middle, up in the alto/treble I don't mind things a
little sharp, easy to drop them in. If nothing else it's less work for
crying out loud, the bass I don't like to pull sharp at all, unless I know
there is no risk of breaking strings, like new Yamahas or whatever. On a 50c
pitch raise I shoot for a window of a beat or 2 sharp and have no problem
tuning the piano at 441 or so if that's where it ends up.
Fenton