J. Irmler decal

Jurgen Goering pianoforte at pianofortesupply.com
Tue Feb 20 22:04:30 MST 2007

Irmler pianos are made in China and are then prepped in the Blüthner
factory near Leipzig.  Apparently, they come out of there playing and
sounding very decent.  A friend of mine in Germany has been turning
them over quite well.  Personally, I agree with Allen on the issue of
sticking historical and/or prestigious names on new designs made in
Asia.  I have to chuckle when I see ads of pianos made in China
boasting of their two hundred and forty-seven year heritage in piano
making.

  (Numbers have been changed to protect the insolent)

Jurgen Goering
Piano Forte Supply
(250) 754-2440
info at pianofortesupply.com