grand damper problem

Don pianotuna at accesscomm.ca
Wed Feb 21 07:24:55 MST 2007

Hi John,

There are often lead weights in the dampher levers. If one of them has
moved out of place it can rub on the next lever and cause both to rise at
once.

Please use g4 and g#4 when identifying problems--it's much easier to
"read". First c on a piano in the base is c1 and top c is c8. Bottom three
notes are a0, a#0, and b0.